Today I'm here to talk to you about handbags. Or specifically, the size thereof.
I had to buy a new handbag earlier this year when my last one was finally about to fall apart. It took much googling of bag shops, saving of pictures, and an absolute list of non-negotiable features.
For me that means:
I've had hot pink, red, my last bag was black and white striped. So long as the colour suits my current mood to a T. (Every bag I screen-saved was cream!)
I use this thing every day, so every time I look at it, it must give me blissful little happy chills. (Look at that pom pom! And the shape? Gorgeous. My husband told me it looked like something Jackie O would have used. I nearly fainted with pure glee.)
3. COMPARTMENTS, COMPARTMENTS, COMPARTMENTS
- phone pocket
- small zip pocket for keys
- at least two big compartments. One for wallet, bullet journal, sunglasses, ereader etc. The other for kids stuff aka water bottles, snacks.
- a middle zipper compartment for emergency supplies - toiletries, tissues, a shopping bag etc
- room for extra pens and paper so my arty kids can draw whenever they get the urge
Just call me Mary Poppins. For my handbag is a modern day magical carpet bag.
For if you suddenly need a pen, look to me. Require a band aid? I'm your girl. My son asked for a pencil with which to draw a "veiled chameleon costume" the other day and I provided. "Mmm," said he, "this is a 2B. I'd really like a 9B." Did I have it? Did I ever.
So, are you a big handbag gal like me? Prepared for anything? Or are you that magical unicorn - a woman who can leave the house with her key, credit card and phone?