What would you answer if you were posed that question? I’ll kick off with a few of my own:
• Romance heroes and heroines often (but not always) have perfect bodies while seeming to eat what they want and not do a lot of exercise.
• They rarely have to visit the bathroom.
• Inexperienced heroines achieve amazing orgasms with little or no foreplay.
• Heroines can have hours of energetic sex but never seem to suffer from cystitis (I’ve only ever seen this in one story.)
• The reaction to stress of romance heroines is often to lose their appetite and fade away to thinness instead of binge eating and stacking on weight. (Yes, I’ve written heroines like this in maybe a fit of wishful thinking!)
• One from the ARRA night: characters on the run from people hot on their heels trying to kill them have plenty of time to have showers and leisurely sex.
Do you have any differences between real life and romance novels you’d like to share? I’d love to read your thoughts!