May 12, 2017

Tripping Around

I'm writing this blog a couple of weeks early as my man and I are about to leave for the other side of the world for a holiday, though holiday is probably the wrong word since we'll be walking many kilometres on a daily basis. I usually come home from trips a little lighter than when I left because of all the walking we do. Counteracts the amazing food I manage to find and indulge in.

First, there's the packing. Never easy for so long but then I figure no one knows me so I can wear the same clothes regularly.
The passports are ready, the bookings for trains, planes, buses, hotels all printed out because my man likes doing things the old fashioned way. They're also all in my e files for the 'in case it goes wrong' moment.

Then there's the final mow of the lawns, filling the bin with loads of chook food so the people looking after the place can get treats every morning, and trying not to get stressed about everything - which I do all too easily. I am a stress machine, end of. Hopefully by now I'll be over that. It's such a waste of time and energy.

Hopefully I'll also manage to add some photos before this goes up. We'll be nearing end of a drive down the Romantic Road in Germany at this stage. We've got brave and booked a rental car for ten days. I spent six months in Canada once and drove every day on what's to us the wrong side of the road. For my man it is going to be a new experience, and could lead to some tension! :) Tension that can be resolved over a beer and yummy food at the end of the day.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    I've seen some of your pics on FB! The last one, I do believe, had a picture of wine and beer :-)
    Have an awesome time. I do love travelling vicariously almost as much as travelling itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine and beer, definitely! I mean, we have to support the locals, right?
      As for vicarious - last night no internet so no booking for a hotel tonight. We have driven up and down half Germany until finally in Offenburg and a room the size of our home because we needed to stop. All part of the adventure. :)

      Delete
  2. "We'll be nearing end of a drive down the Romantic Road in Germany." Oh, do you know how jealous you just made me with those words, Sue? :-) Like Amy, I've been gobbling up your FB pics. It looks as if you're having the most wonderful time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Michelle, we are having a fab time. Today was stressful - see my reply to Amy - but all part of the adventure. I never knew German had so many beautiful sights and buildings, and as for the castles, I'm in heaven.

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a great trip. The driving on the "wrong" side of the rad scares me, on;y because we have so many accidents in Orlando near the airport that involve tourists going the wrong way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. So far all's good, Laurie. Being very cautious, though the more traffic the better because we can follow them.

      Delete
  4. Hope you are having the best trip ever, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly are, Jennifer. Can't believe how fast the days are going past.

      Delete