Jul 8, 2016

Love in Sydney

In my blog last month I was excited about the surprise birthday trip to Sydney my husband had arranged, leaving the next day. And here we are at our apartment with Darling Harbour in the background. Okay, my man is on the other side of the camera.










For my birthday I was taken to Quay Restaurant which is right on the harbour in central Sydney.

The setting, staff and food were out of this world.

Chef Peter Gilmore is well known for his dessert, The Snow Egg.
Of course I had to have it, and it lived up to its reputation. Absolutely delicious. 







My husband had this gorgeous chocolate dessert and believe me, it was as good as it looks, if not better.
Of course I had to try it. delicious.












We were lucky to be in Sydney while the light show was on. Sitting in the restaurant we had a clear view of the Opera House and the show that was displayed across the iconic building.











The harbour bridge was also lit up every night. Last time I was in Sydney, for the Australian Romance writers' conference, I did the bridge climb - right up to those flags at the top. I went during the day and had perfect weather so that the views were stunning.











As we are no strangers to Sydney we took a relaxed approach to this trip and mostly took trips to various bays on the harbour for lunch. And to finish off we had lunch at a restaurant on the ocean beach in Manly.
 
 
A wonderful week in a city I adore with my wonderful man. Doesn't get much better than that.
What would be your dream escape for a week?

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sue

    Looks like you had a ball in my home town and awesome you were here during Vivid I live here and have yet to get into town when it is on :) We do have some lovely places to visit.

    For me for a dream break would probably be a another cruise where I can be waited on and rest great food and entertainment :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to the cruise idea, Helen. I hope you get to do this one day soon. Yep, Sydney is our favourite city to visit for a relaxed break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking the land of the long white cloud is looking pretty good, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it's not too shoddy either, AA. When are you coming over? This year, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Italy. Anywhere, anytime. (Although it feels like it takes a week to get there- can I have a month??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a month for you. Oh yes, Italy is so romantic.

      Delete
  6. Sue, what a fabulous way to spend a birthday! Congratulations.

    Where to spend a week? Almost anywhere. Right now I'm thinking of the Blue Mountains in NSW with a roaring fire and a stack of good books and great food. Or maybe for something different, a sunny Greek island. A week's pure holiday would be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A week anywhere away from the day to day stuff is heaven, isn't it, Annie?

      Delete
  7. Great photos, Sue! The Opera House looks incredible with the lights laid over it - so pretty.

    My dream escape...? Hmm I could definitely go for a Caribbean resort holiday right about now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll wave my magic stick for you, Stefanie. I have a longing to see the Caribbean. I want to sit with a cocktail in hand while listening to the locals speaking. Adore their accent.

      Delete
  8. You just made my mouth water so bad, Sue! Both at the delicious food and the thought of a whole week away somewhere. Sydney would do just fine, I think. Or, if I wait later in the year, somewhere beach-y.

    So glad you had a lovely time and that your DH spoiled you in such a delicious way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Post Thanks For Sharing to get more information Italian food restaurant in Mackay visit here.

    ReplyDelete