Oct 16, 2015

Ticking Off That List......

I mean the bucket list. Which really is simply a list of things we want to do and which we probably have all had for a long time, even before the term Bucket List became synonymous with it. 

Last month I ticked something off my list.

I got my nose pierced.....

Yep....as I stride right into middle age I did something I've wanted to do since I was fifteen and never could quite muster the courage to commit to. Now, I'm not going to post a pic because I don't do selfies and because it's 5am and I am still in my P.J's, haven't had my first morning coffee and am not wearing any war paint (makeup). But it's small....with a tiny diamante that twinkles. And discreet. And it's everything my fifteen year old self had hoped it would be.

AND I get to tick something off my list.

I've ticked a couple of other things off my list this year. I went flying with my brother in his plane. And it was awesome.....
  
My beautiful horse Sharnah celebrated her 30th birthday......
And I signed a contract for three more books for Harlequin Special Edition. Which, aside from signing my first ever contract, meant I'd have 10 books published with them and getting into double figures was something I've dreamed about during the years I was submitting and getting rejections (eighteen rejections in 23 years) This little milestone gave me a real 'pinch me' moment. Here's book number eight, Three Reasons To Wed, hitting the shelves in January 2016....


So, what's on you list? Travel? A new puppy? Swimming with dolphins? Taking some 'me' time?
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Helen!

    Congratulations on all the milestones! Awesome you got the piercing done...I'm too scared!

    Congratulations on the new contract and the Book Number Eight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly - thanks so much. An re the piercing - it only hurt for a moment LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo Helen good on you I would really like one day to fly across to England or America flying that far is a bit daunting for me but it is one thing I would really like to do I have made a lot of "friends" on the internet over the years who I would really love to meet :)

    Oh and I am really looking forward to these new books :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen - I hope you get to meet your friends! I love flying...but it was a bit scary in the small plane for the first wee while. And I hope you enjoy the new books :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, a nose ring! How rebellious...and a little bit glamorous. Go you! And a big congrats on your new contract!

    Oh, my bucket list seems to be growing rather than diminishing -- but 2 high priority ones include finishing my doctorate (so I can be Dr Michelle) and more European travel. Happy sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle - haha....rebellious...has been a long time since I've been called that. I kinda like the sound of it though. Travel...yes, one of my favorite things :) And woohoo on getting to finish your doctorate, that's awesome. :)

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to stay at the Waldorf Astoria in New York. I don't really know why. It just seems like the epitome of Old Style glamour! And have movies made of my books. That's definitely on the list!

    P.S. I LOVE the cover of Three Reasons to Wed. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise....one day we will ABSOLUTELY say at the Waldorf! And I would definitely go and see made of you Destiny Of The Light series. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, Helen. Good for you. What a great feeling to do something you've wanted to do for so long. Can't wait to see it your new sparkly adornment.

    You have had an exciting year. Flying, in small plane - you are so much braver than me. I hate, hate, hate, flying. Absolutely terrifies me but I still force myself into those big planes, but the small ones, no way.

    Congratulations on the contract and the cover of Three Reasons to Wed, it so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talking about Bucket Lists, I'f mention that Travel is top on it. To Italy especially. And then of course to replace my phone. MY bucket list is huge. oh and Helen, one if the things on it is to read this book of yours. Three Reasons to Wed. I have already fallen in love with the Cover!

    ReplyDelete