Oct 7, 2015

Special Project: Our Christmas Box Set!


Today we have another sneak peek at the stories that will be in the first ever box set of stories from the LoveCats! 

Last week we posted the blurbs of the stories from Michelle Douglas, Helen Lacey, Stefanie London, and Louisa George. This week are the final three stories from the box set.





Millionaire Under The Mistletoe
Kandy Shepherd

The last thing London-based chef Carly de Luca anticipates on her surprise trip home to Sydney for Christmas is a steamy encounter with gorgeous Dylan Burke. Dylan--her first love, and the man she left behind when she fled Australia. Old feelings reignite but high-flying millionaire Dylan won’t take the risk of further heartbreak with beautiful Carly, the woman he’s never been able to forget. Can Christmas weave its magic to help Carly and Dylan let go of past hurts and take a second chance on love?


Her Small Town Christmas Wish
Jennifer St George

Turtle Beach is the last place international singing sensation Giselle Harrington wants to be for Christmas. But she' determined to sell her mother's estate and finally erase all evidence of her tragic past.
Jake Carlton has never forgotten the girl who skipped town without a word, breaking his heart when he was 16 years old. He's followed Giselle’s illustrious career from afar, convinced she'd never return to Turtle Beach. When he discovers she's home for Christmas, will he have a second chance at love or will a terrible secret tear them apart forever? 


All She Wants For Christmas
Rachel Bailey

Two days before Christmas, a helicopter unexpectedly brings mystery author Samuel Ruxthorne's estranged wife to his island home. When she pulls divorce papers from her bag, he's not surprised. Bitterly disappointed, but not surprised. 

Maddy wants to move on with her life. The first step is to divorce her ruggedly handsome, brooding husband, and since he didn't reply when she posted divorce papers, she decides to do the job in person. But when a tropical storm blows up and there's no safe passage off the island for days, will Maddy find that what she really wants for Christmas is something else entirely?


I don't know about you, but I can't wait for Christmas, despite the stress that it often brings of trying to get everything done for the day. Tell me, what are you most looking forward to about Christmas and what's the one thing you wish you could skip this year?

28 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about our Boxset, Rachel. It is so fun working together to bring this to reality.

    Well, we will be on a plane for part of Christmas Day this year and for the second part of the day we will be in Vienna, so I'm very much looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Jen - Vienna? How magical! I'll expect lots of photos. :)

      Delete
  2. These sound like such fun reads! I can't wait for the box set :) I'm going to marathon them all with a hot chocolate in hand.

    I'm going to be in London for Christmas this year, woohoo! We've got friends there so we'll be doing a big traditional lunch and travelling around Europe over the holiday period. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London for Christmas! How fabulous, Stefanie!

      Delete
    2. Stef, it made me laugh that we'll have seven stories about Christmas in the heat of Australia and New Zealand, and both you and Jen will be in the northern hemisphere!

      Your trip sounds amazing - please tell me there will be a blog post about it? :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks ladies :) Yes, i'll definitely do a blog post about it - we'll be travelling around a few places in Europe so I'm going to take a bajillion photos.

      Delete
    4. Can't wait to live vicariously through you, Stef! :)

      Delete
  3. This boxed set looks sooo good. Can't wait to get amongst it, Rach.

    I'm looking forward to cooking Xmas lunch in my new oven which will be able to fit everything in it! All at once :-) Not looking forward to the inevitable heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, you're a brave woman. I banned the oven on Christmas day a few years ago - it was heating the house up even more and just not worth it. Mind you, I might make an exception if I had a pretty new one like yours!

      Delete
    2. Ah but I turn the air con on to 16 on Xmas day if I'm cooking 😄

      Delete
    3. Genius, Amy! Also, I must look into air con...

      Delete
  4. Rachel, I'm so looking forward to getting my hands on this Christmas set from Downunder! They all look fabulous.

    What am I looking forward to? Having the family together. Not looking forward to - the logistics! And the washing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I've had a sneak peek at some of the stories and I can attest that they're as fabulous as you're hoping! :)

      Oh, the washing up! And yes, the logistics is always crazier than you expect, isn't it? But the family being together makes it all totally worth it. :)

      Delete
  5. It's such fun to be in this boxed set and working with my fellow LoveCats. I'm looking forward to catching up with extended family over Christmas. We're not too sure where we'll be this year, though, as we live all around the country!
    One thing is for sure - I'll have some fabulous Christmas themed stories to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kandy, I've had a ball working with you all on this! That was the extra bonus of being involved. :)

      Catching up with extended family is always lovely.Hope the place you end up is cool!

      Delete
  6. This box set is looking epic. Can't wait to get a copy.
    As for Christmas, most looking forward to the grandkids coming to stay, and least looking forward to the weight gain that inevitably follows all the yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, grandkids coming to stay sounds like a perfect Christmas recipe! Especially if yummy food is involved. :)

      Delete
  7. Woohoo Ladies

    I can't wait to get my hands on this one I am really looking forward to reading the stories :)

    Oh I do love Christmas I love having all my grandkids opening presents laughing talking and of course all the food but I really don't enjoy shopping I wish I could just snap my fingers the presents are there LOL

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, a house full of grandkids sounds like a perfect Christmas! But I can't believe you don't enjoy the shopping. During the rest of the year, I'm not a shopping fan, but at Christmas, I love making lists then browsing to find the perfect presents. One of my favourite parts of the season!

      Delete
  8. Somehow missed last week's post, but will go looking for it tomorrow or later in the week.
    YAY on a Lovecats boxed set. Is it available for pre-order yet? and if so, on Kobo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, the post with the other blurbs is here: http://www.lovecatsdownunder.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/coming-soon.html

      Glad you're interested in the box set! It's not up for pre-order yet, but rest assured, we'll be talking about it all over the place when that happens, so you'll see the news! :)

      Delete
  9. Yay, Rachel! I'm looking forward to this Christmas box-set of LoveCats stories! What an excellent treat! I can see myself curling up in an armchair after all the eating's done on Xmas Day and having a lovely read... though I suspect the temptation to dive in earlier is going to be really REALLY hard to resist!

    I think the thing I could do without for Christmas is a hot day - so I'm putting my order in early, please, Santa! About 20 to 25 degrees would be perfect, thanks! And I've been good. Honest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Sharon, that sounds like a lovely way to spend Christmas afternoon! And, yes, please to the request for a cooler day. Good thinking!

      Delete
  10. I'm so excited by this project! Plus it's been great to work with six other fabulous women. :-) Can't wait for the box set to be out in the world.

    This year I'm looking forward to Christmas in Melbourne. Fingers crossed, though, that the temperatures don't soar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, it *has* been a heap of fun, hasn't it?

      Melbourne - fabulous! We spent Christmas in Melbourne the year before last (so that Mr Bailey and our BIL could attend the Boxing Day Test). 'Twas lovely!

      Delete
  11. Looks like a great set of books by wonderful authors. Cannot wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, I've had a sneak peek at some of the stories already, and I have to say, they're fabulous! :)

      Delete
  12. So looking forward to getting my hands on these!!!! Been such fun working with you all.
    Christmas? I'll be in New Zealand with my family, but UK for a wedding on New Years Eve!!!

    ReplyDelete