Mar 27, 2017

What would you do for love? by Amy Andrews


Allow me to introduce you to Lee. 

Lee is an Australian idiot. 

He fully deserves this pisstake media report for his actions which involved jumping into a river, well known for it's crocodiles, all to impress a girl who didn't really look that impressed. 

Go ahead and watch the video (there's some language in it that's a little bit fruity) and judge for yourself. 
I'll wait....






Lee was damn lucky it was only his arm that got munched. It could have been ripped off, he could have been pulled under and I don't even want to estimate how much money he cost the taxpayers of Australia because he let a carton of goon and what was in his underpants do his thinking.

BUT....it does beggar the question... just how far would you go for love? Just how far should our heroes in our books go? Have *you* done something outrageously risky for love or know anyone who has? Have you read a hero who did something hold-your-breath stupid to get the girl?

PS The moral of the story is, dont be like Lee. No girl is worth being shoved under a log by a prehistoric beast.


15 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen all this footage, Amy. OMG, this story could have ended so differently.

    My (now) husband flew to London from Brisbane to visit me after knowing me for only eight days (I'd been back home for my sister's wedding and had returned to London whereI was living). I thought that was pretty risky but heroic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that story, Jen :-) Makes me happy. That was such a big risk but so damn decisive of him :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, dear lord, what an absolute wally!("Ten cups of goon?" Is he for real?) He's definitely not hero material. Now, if he'd been jumping in the river to save the heroine...or a child, that'd put an altogether different slant on the matter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very glad the presenter explained what a goon is!! LOL!! What an idiot, bless. Can't match Jen's story, although my hubby did drive me to my mum's house for Xmas, all the way from London to Bradford (four hours out of his way) just after we'd met, just so he could keep talking to me. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...good old Aussie goon! The kickstarter for many a dumb idea, Louisa!
      Awww...that made me tear up a little about your hubby. Very sweet!

      Delete
  4. Oh, my! Even for Queensland that seems a trifle...outrageous. :)

    I agree with Michelle, he's definitely not the sort of guy to feature as a romance hero. But who knows, maybe this will change him. Currently heading back to a hero who's tormented by the fact he's done wrong by his heroine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately with the media stuffing his pockets with money, I dont think so, Annie. Maybe a few more years yet. Let's hope it makes it through that long :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Amy

    I did see this on the news when it happened and I though dead set idiot you have to be kidding I would have nothing else to do with him and nope never done anything that stupid for love :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaah I miss Australian news! "Retained it's title of the Queenslandiest state in the world" LOL. Pretty sure this is why women live longer than men.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not even for love, seeing as she's "just a girl." Unless for the love of goon. I have no words.

    I do love a grand heroic -- emphasis on heroic -- gesture, though, and love the decisive moves by Jen and Louisa's men in such early days. That's the kind of thing I love in a book, the proof-in-action that this is real love. *happy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bron, there are no words :-/
      But yes please to grand romantic gestures!

      Delete
  8. Seriously? The guy's a moron. But entertaining. I guess.

    ReplyDelete