I’ve been travelling a lot the last few months, and as much as I’ve had an incredible time seeing new places and meeting up with writer friends, I always love coming home. I guess that’s a good thing – I’m always excited to leave for a holiday and always excited to come home.
So I thought I would share with you my favourite things about coming home after a trip away:
1. Sleeping in my own bed – this is almost the biggest one. My bed was a bit of an investment, but it’s the comfiest bed going around and I love sleeping in it.
2. Not living out of a suitcase – it’s nice to be able to walk into my closet and pick out my outfit for the day without everything being rumples (I pack neatly at the start of the trip – but by the end all bets are off!)
3. Eating well – I tend to indulge on holiday with food and drink, so by the time I get home I just want a huge veggie soup!
|Home Sweet Home|
4. Getting back to work – I love my job, so I actually miss it when I travel! Inevitably, I will come up with a new story idea during my travels and so when I get home I take all the notes out of my phone and put them into my computer so they don’t get forgotten.
5. Seeing friends – of course!
6. Getting back in my routine – I definitely thrive from having a routine. I sleep better and wake up easier. Boring, I know! But I’m a creature of habit.
7. Not risking spoilers for Game of Thrones – when we were in Australia, I could barely use the internet for fear of spoiling myself. The night after we got back, we went to a friend’s place and had dinner while catching up. And then the internet was safe again.
What are your favourite things about returning home after a trip?