Dec 16, 2016

2017! What's on your list?

So, another year has almost come to an end. And this year has been a tough one for some. But on a whole, not so bad. I had a birthday a week ago - a big one - half a century. To celebrate, I did something I've wanted to do for ages but never had the courage. I got a tattoo! (it looks red in the pic because I had just had it done - but it's all healed now) Incorporating the two things that are the most important to me - my hubby and my writing. It's on my shoulder and not too big.

And as we head into 2017, it got me thinking about what I wanted from the year ahead. I always make New Years Resolutions  - you know, the usual ones, eat less, exercise more etc. But next year I want to do a few new things. Here's my list -
 
1/ Learn to ride a motor bike
 
2/ Spend more time with my horses
 
3/ Go on a holiday (my hubby and I want to go to New Zealand next year)
 
4/ Write more words! Not sure about this one since I have four books coming out with Harlequin next year and a couple of self-published titles planned, but I'll see how I go. I just received my cover for my April book  too.
 
 
5/ Use my bright pink Kayak more (weather and sharks permitting)
 
 
 
6/ Buy a new car
 
7/ Celebrate every success!
 
So, what's on your list? Holiday? Spending time with family? Read more? Yoga?
 
Whatever you have planned, enjoy every moment!
 
 
 
 
 



16 comments:

  1. Woohoo Helen Way to go on the tattoo

    I hope that 2017 is going to be a fabulous year I hope to keep losing weight and getting healthier I turn 60 and celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in Aril so we have our fingers crossed for another cruise and other than that I want to keep smiling and having a great time :)

    Merry Christmas to you and your family Helen

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen - I hope you have a wonderful 2017! And a great cruise! Thanks so much :)

      Delete
  2. Love your list, Helen. And do look me up in NZ. Would love to cook you a meal and sit on the deck chatting, or going for a paddle in the kayak in our Sound.
    For me 2017 is already looking very exciting. We're off to Europe, leaving end of April, and I have a new contract with M&B for four books. Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue - would love to catch up in NZ. And mega congratulations on the new contract!

      Delete
  3. The tattoo is lovely! I've always wanted to get one but I'm such a chicken with needles. My sister got a gorgeous one for her 30th birthday, so I think I need to woman up and do it :)

    As for next year, the plans is to travel as much as we can and also write more words :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stefanie - it didn't really hurt getting the tattoo :) I think since it was on my shoulder and I couldn't see what he was doing, helped :) Good luck with your travel plans!

      Delete
  4. Hi Helen,
    A tattoo?! Gosh, you're game. I have several friends who've had theirs removed ( at great expense) when things in their life changed. I'm sure that won't apply to you, of course. The closest I've got to a tattoo is to give one of my heroine's one for her dead dog!
    Good luck with the travel plans. New Zealand is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie - no chance of getting this one changed :) Awww, a lovely dog tattoo sounds awesome.

      Delete
  5. Cute tat, Helen. Way braver than I :-)

    Goals for next year.....sell more books?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AA - yep, great plan for 2017. Your books are awesome so that one is inevitable :)

      Delete
  6. I'm not brave enough for a tat, either...but yours is fab, Helen. :-)

    I hope you get your to all of your 2017 goals. For me, I'd LOVE to finish off my phd. Fingers crossed for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle - good love with you phd....what an awesome goal! :)

      Delete
  7. You're braver than I... I want a tattoo, but I still need to figure out image and location. I haven't even considered the possible pain aspect depending on where I choose.

    As for goals
    1. Get my emergency survival kit full stocked and ensure I check it regularly (the recent quakes revealed how woefully understocked my kit is)
    2. Stay on track with my budget - I actually want to be able to do what I want without stressing about how I'm going to afford those things.
    3. Don't let things interrupt my writing time, I have written a lot less than I'd like this year... and if I keep this up, I won't get to a point that I'm comfortable sharing my writing.
    4. Make the things that are crucial for looking after me habits.
    5. Make another dent in the unread titles on my ereader (although possibly not the 203 and counting of this year)

    Still working out everything I want to achieve in 2017

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyn - the pain was really minimal, and mine took two hours. I had a great tattoo artist and was really relaxed. Good luck with all the things on your list!

      Delete
  8. Helen, what an adventurous list! You've made me realise I haven't taken time to think of one. We're busy seeing through some big things from 2016. Maybe after Christmas!

    Hope you enjoy New Zealand. It's a fantastic place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie - there's plenty of time to think of things for 2017!

      Delete