Aug 1, 2016

Funday Monday: August 1

by Bronwyn Jameson

Did you know that August 1 is Raspberry Cream Pie Day? I didn’t. Nor did I know that it’s Rounds Resounding Day, World Wide Web Day, Girlfriends Day, Bake A Pie Day (perhaps a raspberry cream pie), Yorkshire Day, Play Ball Day and International Childfree Day. Google says it is so, but who knew?

August 1 also marks Lammas Day and Lughnasa, two old-time festivals marking the start of the harvest season. In the northern hemisphere, obviously. Here in the southern hemisphere August 1 is recognised as the horses’ birthday.

And as for August, well this is ROMANCE AWARENESS MONTH, folks.  I love that this coincides with the conferences of both the Romance Writers of New Zealand (August 12-14) and Romance Writers of Australia (August 19-21.)

To celebrate some of this special-August-ness, we bring you a choice of jigsaw puzzles courtesy of Jigzone. Enjoy.

HARVEST DAYS:
Click to Mix and Solve
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HORSES:
Click to Mix and Solve
ROMANCE, WE LOVE YOU (EVERY MONTH):
Click to Mix and Solve
    

4 comments:

  1. Wish I'd know it was Raspberry Cream Pie Day. Would have given me an excuse to eat some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo so many things to celebrate I love that it is Romance month YAY and I should be in Adelaide to help with the book signing at RWA :) love what people decide to celebrate these days and the internet to let everyone know about it :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's just as well that the realisation it was Raspberry Cream Pie Day passed me by, Bron. ;-)

    Also, it just took me an embarrassingly long time to complete that horse puzzle. Off to attempt the hearts now. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romance Awareness Month - how lovely!
    I'm pretty hopeless at conventional jigsaw puzzles - I don't know that I'm going to attempt any of these!

    ReplyDelete