So it's the very last day of 2012. It's been an interesting year and, as with most years, full of good and bad:
- London held the Olympics
- We survived another 'end of the world'
- The US had an election
- Scientists discovered the Higgs bosun
- Gagnam Style fever spread
- Whitney Housten died
- Hurricane Sandy hit the US east coast
- The iPad mini and iPad 3 launched
- Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise split
- A man jumped to Earth from the edge of space
In my family, the night before a birthday or a new year, we look back on the preceding year and say thank you to the year for the good things. Then the morning of the birthday or new year, we verbally welcome the coming year. Cheesy, perhaps, but I like the tradition.
Tell me, what was the one thing you'd really like to thank 2012 for? Or the thing you're most looking forward to in 2013? Or both. :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!