Aug 22, 2016

Conference highlights - views, peeps and booze!

So I walked through the door a couple of hours ago having just flown back in from the Romance Writers of Australia conference. I dumped my bags and hung with hubby for a bit then switched on my computer - 600 emails.....

And this blog to do.

It's late, I'm sorry. But I thought you might forgive me if I posted lots of pics :-)

Hotel was in an absolutely stunning location with an awesome view!





I'd hate y'all to get the impression that the only thing I do at these conferences is drink. But there is a lot of time spent in bars....


ARRA book signing. I always sign with a glass of wine :-)

I call this one sunshine, booze and a redhead. The owner of that hair is the gorgeous Joanne Grant from the Harlequin office in London!



Awards nights dinner table!

And there were LoveCats!!! Rachel Bailey and Kandy Shepherd were also in attendance but I somehow appear not to have a photo with either of them.... Bad Amy!

The delightful Annie West!

This was taken verrrrry late at night and Michelle Douglas and I may have overindulged a little. The gorgeous Cathryn Hein kept us company!

 
Jennifer St George and moi at the Saturday night awards dinner with two spunky chicks - Denise Rossetti and Christina Brooke!

And that's all folks! Hope you enjoyed a little snapshot into my weekend!

14 comments:

  1. It was such a great conference wasn't it Amy! Why didn't we get a photo together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, Kandy! In fact we all should have posed for a LoveCat pic together.
      Doh!

      Delete
  2. It looked like so much fun! I really wish I could have been there with you all. I love that everyone was posting pics on Facebook so I could keep up with all the festivities.

    And no judgement here on the drinks. The bar is the best spot at conference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have been fab to have you here, Stefanie!

      Delete
  3. Was so great to catch up with you, Amy.

    Yes, we should have done a LoveCats pic but it all went so fast and now seems like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great time at the conference and the location was awesome! But, Amy, one of the things you neglected to mention was the consistently late nights. LOL. I slept *very* well last night. ;-) And the late nights were totally worth it for all of those fab catch ups. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had so much fun and it was so good to see you again. Bring on Brisbane :D The conference was wonderful and views magnificent and hotel such a delight and beautiful. Just loved it even if just chilling enjoying the views or run off my feet learning and admiring and cheering all the winners and fabulous guests keynote speakers. Another year over now just resting up for next year ;) Thanks for the share Amy and fantastic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy

    What a fabulous weekend it was and I loved catching up and yes with so many LoveCats there a group photo would have been fab but you know it was also very busy loved the photos and the one of the wine glass at the signing I was there when that won was taken and we didn't get one together although I did with Kandy and Michelle and then one with Rachel next time I am now in Wagga Wagga for a few more days before I get home :)

    Loved catching up with you all

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen! Another photo I should have taken....doh!

      Delete
  7. Looks like it was an amazing conference. Always great to catch up with the tribe!! Hmmm...I should probably think about coming over to RWAus again, t's been a long time....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, yes, yes, Louisa! That would be fabulous! Am thinking of doing NZ next year....

      Delete