Jun 11, 2018

Byron Writers Festival is Coming…


As many of you know, I’m the Chair of the Byron Writers Festival. A few weeks ago, we launched our Early Bird tickets and revealed the following first line-up of guests. These include: Manal al-Sharif, Anne Aly, Jessie Cole, Michelle de Kretser, Robert Drewe, Eskil Engdal, Jane Harper, Tom Keneally, Miriam Lancewood, Hyeonseo Lee, Tracey Moffatt, Oliver Phommavanh, Tanya Plibersek, David Ritter, Tim Rogers, Kjetil Saeter, Lemn Sissay, Gregory Smith and Sarah Wilson. The rest of the program is still under wraps.

Has anyone read Jane Harper? I’m a huge fan. Her first book The Dry kept me up reading late into the night. The Dry is an international bestseller and has been optioned by the production company behind the film Gone Girl More sleepless nights followed with her second story, A Force of Nature.

This week, the full festival program goes on sale and then I can tell you everything. And, maybe, just maybe there might be something romantic in the air.  

So, Byron is the place to be from 3-5 August where you will enjoy the wisdom and musings of the 140 writers, thinkers and commentators. Any chance I will see you there?

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like this is going to be a blast Jennifer woohoo

    I won't be able to make it sadly
    Have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see you up here one day, Helen.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to attend the Byron writer's Festival one year, Jennifer. Just have to get it linked to other Aussie travel we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is often close to the RWA conference, Sue. Perhaps combine the two one year!!

      Delete
  3. One day I'll get there, Jen! I also very much liked The Dry, haven't had a chance to read the second one yet. Good luck with the festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kandy. Would be great to see you up here one year.

      Force of Nature was also excellent.

      Delete
  4. I'm totally going to do this one year, Jen, it always sounds like such an awesome event. Plus Byron. Would you believe I've never visited?

    I do love Jane Harper's books; she does great Aussie setting/atmosphere and her hero is so uncharacteristic. Hope they keep that for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must come, Bron. It is so beautiful and the Festival is fabulous!!

      Yes, Jane is great at setting!

      Delete
  5. You're such an amazing powerhouse, Jen! I hope this year's festival is the most successful yet. I'd love to come one year (though, alas, it won't be this year). Shall be thinking of you on 3-5 of August, and feeling pea green. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. You love to you to come up one year soon.

      Delete
  6. I love both of Jane Harper's books. My daughter put me onto them.

    ReplyDelete