|Rachel and me!|
And Murphy's Law being what it is, a few big things that could go wrong before Rachel's arrival, did go wrong!
- Firstly, we're renovating! The painting is finished but the carpet hasn't arrived as hoped to make the room as lovely as I wanted it to be. (Still hasn't arrived but that's another story!) So we moved all the tools and paint cans and brushes out, put up the curtains, rolled out a carpet square and moved a bed in!
- Secondly, on the morning Rachel was to arrive, the power went out!
- One minute everything was working and then next, nothing. And we're on tankwater so no power, no water! Argh! We investigated. The neighbours still had power and we realised all our lights were working so the problem was at our house. The safety switch was tripped and wouldn't re-set. We turned off every appliance in the house - then turned them on, one by one. And finally found the culprit. The dear old electric jug had boiled its last kettleful.
- All I can say is, YAY for safety switches and if you haven't got one, you should seriously think about having one installed.
- And thirdly, and if I might modestly say, most disastrously, I picked Rachel up at the airport. Actually, picking Rachel up was great - it was what came after the pick up that was bad. I got totally, utterly, and comprehensively LOST leaving the airport. It was... bad!
|Even Google Maps on my phone couldn't help me!|
- I had to 'phone a friend' and luckily, Mr Archer was home and able to be a remote GPS for me.
|Here we are enjoying our morning cup of Earl Grey tea!|
So has Murphy and his Law of maximum obstacles affected you lately? I'd love to hear! How do you react to challenges? Do you welcome them or do you prefer smooth sailing?