1) My tea set. I have a very old willow pattern tea set, so delicate that it’s almost transparent. I’ve owned it for 40 years and it’s precious to me. I even transported it across the world without a mishap.
2) Our swimming pool. As a child growing up in the UK I dreamed of having my very own pool and when we built one in our Australian backyard, it was truly a dream come true.
3) My garden. It’s not all perfect all year round, but there’s always something of beauty to draw me outside. Currently, it’s the autumn-flowering roses.
4) Birds. Especially the colourful natives like rainbow lorikeets and crimson rosellas, but I also love kookaburras, fairy wrens, honeyeaters, and the list goes on.
5) The beach. I’m not an ocean swimmer, I don’t surf and I don’t sail, but I love to visit the beach, walk on the sand, watch the waves and listen to the sounds of the sea. For me, there’s nothing more relaxing, and this beach is close to home.
6) Books. This one almost goes without saying, doesn’t it? But which books? My chick lit collection or the multitude of books in my Kindle library? I love print and ebooks alike, because it’s the stories that I value most. But this blog post is about my favourite things so I have to choose my complete set of Georgette Heyer romances with their beautiful covers.
So, that's my six. Does reading these posts about our favourite things make you sing like Julie Andrews? (Or is that just me?)