Mar 24, 2014

Putting on the Glitz!



There are a lot of pros and cons to being a writer. One of the pros is I don’t have to get out of my pajamas to go to work! That can also, by the way, be a con  :-)

But occasionally, I do get to frock up and go out and this weekend just gone in Sydney was such an occasion. ARRA (the Australian Romance Readers Association) held their annual awards and as I was up for a few - as were some other Love Cats - I decided to make a bit of a weekend of it.

You can just see the arch of the Syd Harbour Bridge in the distance
Firstly Shannon Curtis and I visited the Momentum offices and chatted with the lovely Joel Noaum and the gorgeous Tara Goedgjen who had worked on our Bold and Beautiful books. The lovely Patrick got us coffees. And then I insulted him by asking him how long he’d been the intern for. Ooops!  But now it’s a bit of a running joke which we all think is hilarious and he’s humouring us :-) He took this pic. 


Note to self - never piss off the guy who takes the pic! :-)


Then, in the evening, Shannon Curtis, Ainslie Paton and I were on a panel at Parramatta Library. I think a good time was had by all and we had a great Thai meal afterwards and were joined by the lovely Ingrid (a reader) who helped us brainstorm titles!

Shannon put me up at her house that night and, after a rather late night, I was treated to her sexy dish washing display in the morning.


And then we left for the hotel and had a sneak peak at the stunning room we’d all be partying in later – isn’t it gorgeous?

Then I bumped into fellow Love Cats – Annie West and Michelle Douglas, who were also up for awards and we did lunch.

In the evening, in keeping with 2014 being my Year Of Purple, I frocked up in a purple gown and wore my new purple earrings made for me by fab new medical author Amalie Berlin. They’re tatted and absolutely gorgeous! So many people complimented me on them, so thanks, Amalie!

Doncha just love soft focus? :-)

And then it was time to wine and dine and catch up with old friends and fabulous readers

Tina Clark

Rachael Johns and Cathryn Hein
Mel Scott and Kelly Hunter
Barbara and Lynne - two lovely readers. 
Dakota Harrison





Anna Valdinger from Harper Collins

And to cap it all off,  I won the best contemporary romance category for Holding Out For A Hero which was so exciting and thrilling and I even remembered to thank Patrick the intern :-) 
I’m still on a high! 

Joel Noaum from Momentum





In fact there were 3 winners at our table - Kelly Hunter and Kylie Griffin being the others.
Aren't they all pretty?














 Then there was a lot of posing with the gong ;-)

Shannon looking tres glam without her pink gloves!

Cathryn Hein

The oh so lovely and supportive Helen Sibbritt

Fab blogger Kaetrin
Joel from Momentum (who had a fabulous night with another of their authors the amazing Kylie Scott winning 2 awards as well!) took us out for celebratory drinks after so, consequently, it was a very late before Shannon and I got to bed but we couldn’t resist one last pic with my baby. 


I’d like to thank everyone in ARRA who made the night so amazing and to all the members who voted in the awards.  Am looking forward to frocking up again next year!


21 comments:

  1. HURRAY!!! Well done for your award- so very well deserved! You looked like you were having lots of fun- and very glam in your beautiful frock! Loved the pictures, and to see 3 Lovecats there!- so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louisa!
      It was great to meet up with some Cats in Sydney!

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous write-up and congrats again on your win!!!! Love the pic of Shannon in her pink sexy gloves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those gloves are da bomb, aren't they? :-)

      Delete
  3. Woohoo I am so happy for you Amy and congrats to all of the nominees and winners the night was a blast I had the best time you all rock :-) :-) :-)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations again, Amy! Was wonderful to be cheer you when your name was called out. Fabulous pics too, btw. I'm pretty sure a wonderful night was had by all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great catching up with you in Sydney, Michelle! Wasn't the room and the food just amazing?

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Amy! And throughout it all, your hair looked fantastic! I love that short style on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOHOO! Congratulations, Amy! Looks like you had a fab time!

    I second what Claire said about your hair style - that shorter cut suits you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, wasn't it a fun, fabulous night? I had such a good time and I have to say you were marvellous as the nurse in the little mystery drama that was staged instead of the usual keynote speech. What a bonus to catch up with you and Michelle for lunch. LoveCat lunch was great! Loved the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I didn't mention that :-) I didn't look so glamorous in my little paper hat ;-)
      Was fab catching up!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations, Amy! You looked fabulous!

    Marcy Shuler

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late to the party (as always!) but never too late to congratulate you on this fab award, AA. Is there anything better than acclaim from readers, esp those who're members of the wonderful ARRA.

    (Loved the pics.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You;re so right, Bron. Nothing better! ARRA rocks!

      Delete
  10. Yay, famous earrings :D And you're welcome. Couldn't ask for a better model, you look gorgeous!

    (We could be hair twins right now... except I wear mine pretty messy. Oh, and right now it's about the same color as those orchids on the table in front of the awards...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Amalie I'd love to see your hair!
      Thanks so much again for the earrings - I really treasure them!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing all those photos, Amy! Made me feel like I was almost there.

    And huge congrats on your win! You know I love that book. :)

    ReplyDelete