Oct 28, 2013

Heroism



So I was going to do this whole blog today on "what is a hero" so I could tie it all up in a nice neat bow for my new release Holding Out For A Hero

I was going to be witty and wise and have you all so impressed you’d rush out and download the book -I mean, come on, it’s only a lousy $3.99 :-) I even have this fab pic of  a hunky fireman rescuing a kitten from a tree and I was going to end it by saying you should buy this book cos it’s really, really good. 

And you should because it is ;-)

BUT. Then I saw this YouTube clip and realised how easily we bandy that word around when true heroism is something much much more.

So I’m going to let it speak for itself. Then go and hug my kids.

12 comments:

  1. Well that's certainly a clip to bring tears to your eyes, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes tears, but smiling through the tears too. I think there's so much in this clip that can grabs you by the gut and makes you count your blessings but the indomitable spirit in it just makes me smile.
      That older girl with the long brown hair sings so fiercely - you just know cancer ain't going to get her!

      Delete
  2. Well wow. I can now actually focus through the blurry eyes to write this. I have to say I loved working on the kids' ward- those lovely bright little people were amazing and real and brave and each day it broke my heart and inspired me at the same time. Big hugs to everyone.

    Looking forward to reading HOFAH!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louisa - hope you enjoy - and I know what you mean about heartbreak and inspiration. They're like the flip sides of a coin in places like that.

      Delete
  3. Amy

    That was so lovely and I need to hug my kids and grandkids we really don't know how lucky we are :) the kids in this are so so brave.

    And I must say everyone should go and buy the book it is an awesome read

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Helen - we really don't. We take so much for granted.
    So pleased you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that was gorgeous. Thanks for posting, Amy. Now I'm all teary, like the others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And everyone of them true heroes... Gorgeous clip, Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, sorry to be late stopping by. Just had to say 'Wow' to this clip. It's fantastic. Very moving.

    Congratulations on the book too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic video, Amy! Thanks for sharing. They are all little heroes, aren't they!
    :)

    ReplyDelete