by Bronwyn Jameson
All here at the LoveCats DownUnder are absolutely and totally delighted with the news that two of our pride are finalists in the 2019 RWA RITA* Awards. Champagne Congratulations to Amy Andrews, who was also a double-finalist in 2018, and to first-time finalist Michelle Douglas. Both are finalists in the Short Contemporary category with the following wonderful stories:
THE MILLION-POUND MARRIAGE DEAL, by Michelle Douglas
Billionaire playboy William Trent-Paterson has one year to get married. His grandfather will disinherit him if he doesn’t settle down, leaving his vulnerable sister homeless! So when his old friend Sophie Mitchell jokes that she’d marry him for a million pounds, a temporary marriage seems like the perfect solution! Until, after spending time with the captivating Sophie, Will realizes walking away will be the hardest part…
FAIR GAME, by Amy Andrews
Levi – Darcy was always my best friend’s girl–Tony’s girl. Two years on and she still doesn’t know how I’ve felt all this time. There’s no way I’m leaving her in pain when I can fix her injury and get her back to playing the sport she loves. No matter how much touching her makes me want to make her mine at last. Finally, I’ve got a bit of hope–the last thing we need is Tony suddenly deciding he wants to take Darcy back after all…
You should read THE MILLION-POUND MARRIAGE DEAL if you enjoy:
- A marriage of convenience storyline that totally works in the modern world
- Real characters you want to be best friends with/fall in love with
- Being thoroughly engaged and entertained
- An authentic English setting
- Sports romance with a twist of humour and a double shot of sexy
- Strong, athletic women doing their strong, athletic thing
- Friends-to-lovers stories, featuring real and likeable characters
- An authentic Australian setting
At the LoveCats we are also delighted that former Cat, Stefanie London, is a finalist in the Long Contemporary Romance category with BAD BACHELOR, the first in her fabulous Bad Bachelor series.
You should read all three of these books if you enjoy excellently crafted and written romance from authors at the top of their game.
*What are the RITA Awards?