Mar 22, 2019

Congratulations: 2019 RITA Finalists


by Bronwyn Jameson

All here at the LoveCats DownUnder are absolutely and totally delighted with the news that two of our pride are finalists in the 2019 RWA RITA* Awards.  Champagne Congratulations to Amy Andrews, who was also a double-finalist in 2018, and to first-time finalist Michelle Douglas. Both are finalists in the Short Contemporary category with the following wonderful stories:

THE MILLION-POUND MARRIAGE DEAL, by Michelle Douglas


Billionaire playboy William Trent-Paterson has one year to get married. His grandfather will disinherit him if he doesn’t settle down, leaving his vulnerable sister homeless! So when his old friend Sophie Mitchell jokes that she’d marry him for a million pounds, a temporary marriage seems like the perfect solution! Until, after spending time with the captivating Sophie, Will realizes walking away will be the hardest part…




FAIR GAME, by Amy Andrews
Darcy – There’s nothing I wouldn’t do to play for the Brisbane Banshees in the new Women’s Aussie Rules league. I think I’ve proved that given that I’m willing to put up with the coach being my ex, Tony. He may have stomped over my heart, but I’ve moved on, and I’m focused on my team. I don’t need any men in my life–apart from Levi, of course, my roommate, and friend. And my saviour, now that I’ve corked my thigh in our first game, and need his sports massage skills to get me back on the field. What I feel when Levi touches me … is making things very complicated.

Levi – Darcy was always my best friend’s girl–Tony’s girl. Two years on and she still doesn’t know how I’ve felt all this time. There’s no way I’m leaving her in pain when I can fix her injury and get her back to playing the sport she loves. No matter how much touching her makes me want to make her mine at last. Finally, I’ve got a bit of hope–the last thing we need is Tony suddenly deciding he wants to take Darcy back after all…


You should read THE MILLION-POUND MARRIAGE DEAL if you enjoy:
  • A marriage of convenience storyline that totally works in the modern world 
  • Real characters you want to be best friends with/fall in love with 
  • Being thoroughly engaged and entertained 
  • An authentic English setting 
You should read FAIR GAME if you enjoy:
  • Sports romance with a twist of humour and a double shot of sexy 
  • Strong, athletic women doing their strong, athletic thing 
  • Friends-to-lovers stories, featuring real and likeable characters
  • An authentic Australian setting 

At the LoveCats we are also delighted that former Cat, Stefanie London, is a finalist in the Long Contemporary Romance category with BAD BACHELOR, the first in her fabulous Bad Bachelor series.

You should read all three of these books if you enjoy excellently crafted and written romance from authors at the top of their game.


*What are the RITA Awards?

Romance Writers of America, the trade association for romance fiction authors, promotes their annual awards to recognize excellence in published romance novels and novellas. The RITA is recognised as the highest award of distinction in romance fiction.


8 comments:

  1. Jumping up and down celebrating this wonderful news! So far I've only read Michelle's 'Million Pound Marriage Deal' - which I loved. That opening is up there with the best. Looking forward to reading 'Fair Game', and 'Bad Bachelor' too. Congratulations, ladies! So well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Million Pound Marriage Deal wonderful? I love that opening, too. (And every other scene.)

      Delete
  2. OMG. I'm so thrilled for all of you. Wow. Wow. Wow. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very thrilled for Stefanie, Michelle and Amy, your stories give me so much pleasure you rock Ladies woohoo and wishing you the very best of luck :)

    Have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much everyone. I'm super thrilled to be a finalist and soooo happy to have my twinsey up there with me. And the lovely Stef who I can;t wait to catch up with in New York!

    ReplyDelete