And I think I finally have it right! So I thought I’d share it. :-)
Chicken + Other Things with Fettuccine
* At the same time, put some fettuccine on to boil
* Sauté a small diced green capsicum and a handful of button mushrooms quartered (or halved, depending on their size) in the frying pan along with two or three chopped up cloves of garlic. When the capsicum is soft, add 1/2 cup of white wine (pinot grigio works a treat) and a tablespoon or two of sliced black olives. Return the chicken to the pan and continue to gently cook. Add more wine if needed.
* When fettuccine is cooked, drain and stir in the grated zest and juice of one lemon (use less if you’re not so keen on lemon).
* Add the fettuccine to the chicken mixture, and stir well.
* Serve with some crusty bread and enjoy!
NOTE: the amounts are all subject to taste and preference. I've made it with far less chicken (but the packs at the supermarket are 500gms which I usually use for convenience...and that makes enough for two meals for me and Mr Douglas). A tablespoon of capers added was lovely. I'm sure some ginger would add a nice flavour to the dish too. So this is a fast and loose recipe, which can be adapted depending on what ingredients you have on hand. :-)
|Sorry, I don't have a picture of the finished product...but here's a picture from our road trip!
|And a picture of my sister's farm
|And some sheep...because life is better with sheep. :-)
I expect part of this recipe's original magic was the garden-fresh veggies…and the fact that when one is road tripping, fast food becomes the order of the day. So when you're served something as fresh and tasty as this fettuccine dish, you appreciate it all the more.
But even using supermarket veggies and eating in our usual (generally) healthy way, we still love this dish.
So…what’s been your favourite new recipe so far this year? Do you have one you'd like to share? And tell me, are you tempted to give this one a whirl? :-)