1. That 'empty nest' doesn't just mean your babies fly away, but that you get to choose what the next chapter is. And that can be as exciting and challenging as you feel ready for! (And maybe pushing yourself is good for you)
|My baby on his first day at uni, 1 16hr drive or 2hr flight away
2. That I still really, really need to get the hell off Facebook
3. That you can teach an old dog new tricks! I taught myself how to knit because...OMG so much lovely yarn! Starting with a load of You Tube videos...making a scarf, a beanie and an almost completed shawl.
|almost doubled in size now!
4. That middle age spread doesn't shift no matter how hard you try.
5. That you and only you are in charge of your career. (That was a hard lesson to learn.)
6. To acknowledge my fear and do it anyway! Only I am standing in the way of adventure and growth.
|swimming with rays and tiger SHARKS!!!!!
7. That shocking people still makes me feel like a rebel!!!
|dressing as a punk for a fancy dress party was hilarious and even though I'd known most of the people at the party for over 10 years their reactions to me was interesting...some of them steered well away...!!
8. That nature is AMAZING and powerful and beautiful
|Where boiling lava meets the ocean
9. Did I mention I need to get off Facebook?
10. That there still isn't much that can't be made better with a good cry, a belly laugh, a hug and a glass of cold pinot gris.
What did you learn last year? Do you have anything to stretch yourself planned for this year?
Here's to a fabulous learning-filled and exciting 2017 xxx