Those previous posts, though, were in relation to my favourite reads for the year. Today I thought I’d share my list of my five favourite things.
[Disclaimer: this list doesn’t include people because they’re not things. So you’ll have to take it as a given that my family and friends top everything on this list. Also, my list isn’t in order…the order probably changes depending on my mood, time of day and how hungry I am ;-). ]
1. ABBA. I fell in love with ABBA when I was in primary school. And true love lasts a lifetime, right? I remember watching Count Down and cheering every week that Fernando remained at the #1 spot. Last week I was doing the groceries when ABBA came on the sound system in Coles. Everybody I passed was singing along. Happy, happy, happy!
2. My Alannah Hill dress. I’ve never been a pink girl. And to be perfectly frank with you I’d usually much rather wear a pair of jeans. But I adore this dress. I love what it looks like and how it feels when I wear it (and how it makes me feel). I’ve worn it to three different RWAust cocktail parties…just because. Here I am at the most recent cocktail party. Notice the company I’m keeping? It’s down to the dress, people.
|Me and Captain Jack (otherwise known as Marion Lennox)
|Me and Stephanie Laurens
3. Overseas Travel. I cannot begin to tell you how much joy seeing the world brings me. London, Paris, Geneva, Munich—how I love you all so! And now, as my latest book is set there, I REALLY want to go to Italy.
4. The Beach. I’ve always loved walking by the beach, but last summer I rediscovered my joy in swimming at the beach. Normally I’m not all that enthused about summer—but I’m seriously looking forward to getting some swimming time in when the warm weather hits. And why wouldn’t I when I have this beach practically on my doorstep.
5. Books. I have bookcases groaning under the strain of all of my books. I have cupboards and boxes filled with them. As for my Kindle. I guess when it’s full I can get another one. :) I couldn’t live without books. They feed the soul. They stop me from every feeling lonely. They take me on journeys I would never otherwise experience.
I will admit that release month is also one of my favourite things. REUNITED BY A BABY SECRET hit the shelves last week and I’ve received some gorgeous reviews. Romantic Times have given it 4 stars: “Readers will wonder what they would do if they were in the characters’ shoes and sigh heavily during the many romantic kisses strewn throughout the story." Romance Book Haven also gave it 4 stars: “a very rocky journey to a HEA that will have you smiling.” Harlequin Junkie gave it 4.5 stars: “The characters are so vivid it’s like they’re right in front of you. […] The romance is great and the ending means tissues, but huge smiles.”
So, as you can see, I’ve been having a great time recently! Lots of favourite things to keep my smiling. What about you—what’s been making you smile lately?
Oh, and if you want to check out REUNITED BY A BABY SECRET, the buy links are below. :)
Barnes and Noble