Apr 8, 2016

Randomness.

Yes, it's my turn to be random with what I put up. Mainly because I am all out of ideas for a scintillating blog at the moment. Happens when too many other things are going on in my life.

I've spent a lot of hours getting around in this over the summer but now it's time to put it away as the water is getting way too cold for me.



Or I could buy a wetsuit. Now there's a thought.
















 
 
Found this weeny egg in the chook house this morning. I think my hens know my man is on a diet.













We have had the biggest ever fruit crops this year and the freezer is chock full. So is another one. I am really into my fruit smoothies for breakfast and think I've got enough fruit to see me through to 2020! And there's still apples and feijoas to come. I won't mention the two cartons of tomato pasta sauce that are under this fruit.




Then there's the garlic, pears and beetroot. We're still getting through last year's garlic, though that's now crushed and stored in the fridge. Guess what we give to friends and family every summer?


 
 
We're well prepared for winter with manuka and pine split, dried and stacked. Cut down some large pine trees at the beginning of the year which dried quickly in our hot summer. This was taken before we filled the shed to bursting.




That's it. End of randomness.
Might do something really random and go pour a glass of wine since I've written a lot of words today.

Have you done anything today that's a little random?

15 comments:

  1. Hi Sue

    I love this randomness :)

    Love that you have saved all of that fruit and vegies it must be wonderful to have all of that for winter and love that little egg, and you will certainly be warm during winter I don't think I have done any randomness lately same old same old here :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to make lots of yummy soups, Helen.

      Delete
  2. Well now I definitely want to come to your place and create fabulous smoothies with you, Sue!

    One question. Whats a feijoas ??

    Nothing random for me recently. Just bum in chair. Another 25k needed in 9 days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feijoa is a fruit that crops in late April. Delicious.
      Good luck with the 5k. I've got 35k to do by end of month so know your pain. :)

      Delete
  3. Look at all of that fresh produce -- looks divine, Sue. Love your woodshed too -- I bet it smells heavenly in there.

    As for randomness...I went for a swim on Wednesday. Swimming in April after Easter seems terribly random. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree re swimming. That's why the kayak is now stowed away under the deck.
      Yep, smells great in shed but there are lots of spiders and creepy crawlies, though nothing as nasty as you have over there.

      Delete
  4. Wow- what an amazing crop you have this year!! It looks fabulous and very healthy! Enjoy!!! Nothing random happening here...finally getting into a routine after a hectic start to the year. Pretty weird when routine is the most random thing you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That needs work, Louisa. I'm sure we Blenheim girls could help disrupt you again.

      Delete
  5. Sue, you are an inspiration with all that produce! You kinda remind me of Barbara Good, or Frances Mayes from Bella Tuscany :). Nothing too random from me except that I'm sticking to my plan of going to as many movies, plays and shows as possible this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, sometimes I feel like we're playing roles in The Good Life. I've gone back to how life was growing up on the farm, except we're doing in on a very few square metres.

      Delete
  6. Sue, I love all your random-ness! It must be so satisfying to have all your wonderful harvest stored away. And such a great woodpile!
    Please post more random-ness in future posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kandy. It is good having the freezers chock full - except when I want something that's at the bottom. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow - all the amazing food!!

    Randomness - well, I just drove to the Gold Coast and am now sitting on the the 21st floor of a tower block staring at the dark ocean writing, writing, writing. It feels a little random.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that, Jennifer. It would be wonderful being up so high gazing over the world below. Oh, sorry, you were working. Hope you stopped to enjoy.

      Delete
  8. Love your not-so-random produce, Sue, and the thought of all the delicious and healthy meals ahead made with said produce. *Drooling, just a little*. Nothing beats the taste of home produce, does it? And that's without the satisfaction of having grown it yourself. Srsly impressed!

    As for my randomness: that was buying the treadmill desk after I short trial...although not sure if that qualifies as random or impulsive!

    ReplyDelete