Jan 14, 2019

How is it possible?

Is it just me or does everyone have about twenty books on their bedside table waiting to be read. Actually, they don’t all fit on my bedside table and are lined up by the wall next to my bed.  How will I ever get to all the books I want to read? Right now within reaching distance are:

  • ·      all four of the Elena Ferrante books
  • ·      The Lost Man, Jane Harper
  • ·      Bridges of Clay, Markus Zusak
  • ·      The Last of the Bonegilla Girls, Victoria Purman
  • ·      Underworld, Don Delillo
  • ·      Yates Garden Guide (one day I will start a veggie patch)
  • ·      Northerly, Byron Writers Festival magazine
  • ·      WQ, Qld Writers Centre magazine
  • ·      Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Gail Honeyman
  • ·      SweetBitter, Stephanie Danler
  • ·      The Barefoot Investor, Scott Pape
  • ·      How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie  - I’ve had this book for about twenty years and have always meant to read it

...and the two I have just finished, The Children Act by Ian McEwen and Out of Sight by Elmore Leonard. I loved both of them. And, that’s not counting those downloaded on my iPad.

I want to read more, but where to you find time? I only read at night before going to bed and even then I’m often distracted by the headlines online.

I know I should get my act together with audio books as I do commute two and half hours each day to and from work. This would help.

So, how do you get all the reading you want to do, done? I’d love to know.


9 comments:

  1. OMG Jen - you would kick book ass if you switched to audio books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Amy. I really need to get onto this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen

    What a pile, mine is even bigger and I have no idea how to get through them but I do know that mine is growing more than I can keep up with them, there are so many awesome books out there I just keep reading and make a list :)

    NTW The Bonegilla Girls is awesome

    Have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrilled to hear, Bonegilla Girls is wonderful, Helen. Can't wait.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Jen, isn't it impossible to keep up with it all? I read in the evenings and before going to bed. And I've been trying to get half an hour in at lunchtime. I might sneak in a couple of extra hours on weekends. Given your commute, I think audio books are definitely the way to go. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooooh, reading at lunchtime, Michelle. What a treat. Yes, I must get going with audio books. Don't know what's stopping me really.

      Delete
  5. Well, good news and bad news. I don't think you can keep up with it, but then you'll never run out of books to read, right? With retirement my free time increased, but so did my desire to read, so the stacks of books grew. You should try audiobooks for the commute, though. They got me through years of a long daily commute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stack just keeps growing and growing too, Grandma Cootie! Audiobooks - really does seem like the way to go.

      Delete
  6. Jen, so many fabulous books and it is true, that TBR pile only grows and it's a constant dilemma on what to choose next. In your case, I would choose Eleanor Oliphant (which auto-correct keeps changing to Elephant, ugh!) That was my favourite book of 2018.

    ReplyDelete