1. I'd never really been in to cocktails until two years ago when I went to RWA in Anaheim and had my first mojito. Now, you could probably say that Mojitos are my catnip. Here's one from Hawaii. YUMMY. There were so many to choose from, and all so pretty. It would have been rude not to sample these wares, surely?
2. Sometimes watching a movie you don't think you're going to enjoy can be surprising. I recently watched DIVERGENT and it was pretty cool. A lot like The Hunger Games in many ways (dystopian future, people living in groups according to their skills etc). It turned out to be the perfect attention-holding plane movie. Conversely, sometimes, much hyped movies are a total let-down, yes? Noah anyone?
3. The difference in the price of books depending on where you live is astonishing. We visited Barnes and Noble in Maui and spent-up large- limited, sadly, by our baggage allowance. In NZ newly released books are usually around $36.00 each, in USA they were $15. But oh, the joy, of being able to pick up the ones we wanted without worrying excessively about the cost!
4. My son just went to his first school ball. My, how those 16 years have flown by. Here he is in all his finest. Such a proud mum!
5. Finally, I have a new release out this month. You all probably know that my first romance read was by Amy Andrews and it was her book that inspired me to start writing medical romance. Huge fan-girl thrill, then to see my book and hers on the shelves together! It's amazing what you can achieve through blood, sweat and tears! Thanks for the inspiration Amy!
So, any random thoughts flitting through your brain? Are you a cocktails person or do you prefer wine/beer? Any recent proud moments? Any disappointing movies or surprisingly good ones? Care to share?