Dec 7, 2010

Regency Slang Quiz # 2 ANSWERS AND WINNERS

by Emily May


Thanks everyone who had a go at the Regency Slang Quiz -- I hope you had fun! The correct answers are:

A CACKLING FART is an egg

An ETERNITY BOX is a coffin

A FANCY MAN is a man kept by a lady for secret services

To be GLIMFLASHY is to be angry or in a passion

A STAR GAZER is a whore who plies her trade outdoors


I've decided to give away TWO copies of the Summer Blockbuster.

One to the person got them ALL correct -- K
IM COLBY!

The second winner was randomly drawn from all entries and is --
JO GILLESPIE!

Can Kim and Jo please email me at worldaroundthecorner(at)gmail(dot)com with their postal addresses?

Thanks everyone for taking part! Merry Christmas all!


(And on the theme of Historical Romances and Christmas Giveaways, the Harlequin Mills & Boon Historical authors are running an advent giveway, with daily prizes of books/book vouchers/chocolate, plus a Grand Prize of a Kindle 3G. Find out more on my website, at http://www.emily-may.com/advent.html.)

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!! Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaa!!!!!!
    I didn't expect that at all. I never win anything! And I didn't even get all the answers right! Okay, taking some deeeeeep breaths! Thanks, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I still can't believe I won something - and not just ANY something! A really wonderful something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Ladies

    Emily I will be looking for your book at the shops this weekend

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! You sound like you're hyperventilating, Jo!

    Thanks, Helen :)

    Kim and Jo, I'll get those books off to you asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, I've just checked with M&B, and it will be on the shelves next week. My bad, I thought it was out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did hyperventilate a little, I admit it! Like I said, I never win anything, even though I often enter draws like this :-) And I've been thinking I needed to get my hands on some more romances (research etc etc), and then this surprise! Still doing the happy dance :-)

    ReplyDelete