Reading: Lover Avenged by J.R Ward
Listening to: Glenn Miller (would you believe - no heavy Metal)
Watching: nothing - deadline looming
Making me smile: This Blog and the people responding
When I was younger I had lots of friends. The fact they were only 3 inches high, dressed in bright clothing and no one but me could see them didn’t really matter. Don’t get me wrong, I did have human friends and four legged friends too, but sometime I preferred the company of my little folk more. I would talk to them for hours, teach them things and tell them stories. Of course they all adored me and did whatever I asked them to. Looking back, I guess the writer in me was beginning to bud, though it would not fully bloom many years later.
And when my writing desire blossomed, I met two of the LoveCats—Rachel and Mel. We all belonged to the Clayton Critters group which sprung up out of the 2005 RWAus Clayton’s online conference. From the first words I read of both Rachel’s and Mel’s stories, I was in awe. These girls
Now I’m blogging here with these 6 awesome cat pals:
- Zana I don’t know much—well not yet—she’s a new friend.
- Emily I’ve met as several conference including a spectacular Nationals in San Francisco when she was nominated for 2 Rubys and I was a finalist in the Golden Heart
- Sharon and her lovely Mr Archer have been at every conference I’ve been to except last year and they were sorely missed. Their smiling faces are always a joy. When Sharon sold – I was overjoyed and we shared several celebratory emails.
- Nikki I know a little better. I can’t remember when we met. It feels like I have known her for ages. I actually screamed out loud and danced when I heard she was going to be a Harlequin Romance author. I am very impressed.
- Mel, Rachel and I have bit more history. We’ve shared good news and bad; we’ve laughed and cheered; we’ve vented and cried. We told each other the truth when it needed to be said, and supported each other if one of us was down. We used to dream and say “one day when we are all published... blah blah blah”. And now here we are, together. Old friends are a comfort and a joy. It was almost felt like selling again myself when each of them made their first sales.
What is it that you value in your friendships? Or do you have a special friend who has touched your life in a profound way?
Today's Book Giveways to one lucky commentor: The Earl’s Dilemma, Emily May (in Fate & Fortune, with A Country Miss In Hanover Square, by Anne Herries) Quills / Regency Single Father: Wife & Mother Wanted, Sharon Archer Medical Duo of Marriage Reunited: Baby on the Way, Sharon Archer, with Lucy Clark’s Bride on the Children’s Ward Medical Claiming His Bought Bride, Rachel Bailey Desire The Blackmailed Bride’s Secret Child, Rachel Bailey Desire Tonight, My Love, Tracie Sommers Spice Briefs His Housekeeper Bride, Melissa James Harlequin Romance / Sweet Tycoon’s One Night Revenge, Bronwyn Jameson Desire Prince Incognito, Linda Goodnight, including a novella, The Homecoming, Melissa James Harlequin Romance / Sweet Stone Cold Lover, Mel Teshco Ellora's Cave