Mar 9, 2012

I'm Sexy And I Know It

by Robyn Grady

Romance novels give readers such a wide variety of heroes to enjoy. Some are the big brooding type (think Mr. Darcy). Some are witty with oodles of boyish charm (pretty much any movie Hugh Grant's been in). The heros I write tend to dip in both pools although they are always confident. They are the men who don't hesitate taking charge in a crisis and getting everyone out of that burning building or off that sinking ship.

The hero I'm writing at the moment - Dex Hunter, second born son in my Hunter Pact Series for Desire - is even a little showy. He owns a movie production company in Los Angeles and doesn't mind basking in his own limelight. But Dex does have his limits...

Unlike this guy.Sparkling brief swimmers and, let me just say, a rather toned bod coupled with some pretty amazing moves and an appreciative audience...Australian beaches rock!

13 comments:

  1. OMG, Robbie, that was a scream! You're right, he sure did have some amazing moves, but I can't help feeling he lost a bet. :-)

    Love your hero inspiration, btw. My two all-time favourite heroes are Mr Darcy and Aragorn from Lord of the Rings. Love the sound (not to mention the name!) of Dex Hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, I saw this vid a few days ago and it did make me giggle! Love the sound of your LA-based hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool, Robbie. and yes, Australian beaches do rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie, what a hoot! That made me smile after a long day, thank you. Good luck with your latest hero. Dex sounds fascinating. Can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, Isn't Mr. Darcy the perfect hero! I must confess, I didn't get into Lord of the Rings, which is really quite strange for me. I should probably get out the vids/read the books, although that could take some time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Emmie! I'm having tons of fun with Dex. Bad boys who can't resist the ultimate tempation of falling in love are quite a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sue! I live a few streets away from the sand and surf and really don't spend enough time enjoying it. I love to go for an early morning walk along the water, but given I'm not an early morning person, it doesn't happen often enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, isn't it good to have a laugh when we're feeling weary at someone who has so much energy! I love someone who can laugh at themselvs and that's what this guy is obviously so good at. He's being a total dweeb and so talented at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Eli! Glad you enjoyed the vid =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Robyn. That was a blast! I agree with Michelle ~ he lost a bet. He had some really great moves though. I loved his crab shuffle between the two lady sunbathers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wasn't that move amazing???? He wants to dance with Ellen. I think she'd really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the second time I've seen this video and it was just as much fun as the first! Thanks for posting it, Robbie. :)

    ReplyDelete