Anyone who has followed this blog for a while will know I used to be heavily involved with Byron Writers Festival. After the 2018 Festival, I stepped down as Chair. It was a bittersweet moment as I loved heading up the Festival, but combining that with full-time work and a writing career proved too much.
The new program has just come out and once again it is shaping up to be absolutely wonderful. Not only is there the three-day Festival in a beautiful, beachside location, but also many satellite events and workshops.
Some of the sessions I circled in the program include:
- Writing Process: The Agony and the Ecstasy with Isobelle Carmody, Karen Foxlee, John Marsden chaired by Nicole Abadee
- AC Grayling on How Philosophy has Changed History
- Markus Zusak in conversation with Angela Ledgerwood
- David Gillespie on Teen Brains with Mandy Nolan
- Landscape as Muse with Gail Jones, Di Morrissey, Peter Watt chaired by Nicole Abadee.
And that’s just Day One!
The Festival is being held on 2-4 August. Hope to see you there, breathing the sea air, listening to the stories from around the country and around the world.