Apr 22, 2019

This time last year by Amy Andrews

This time last year, I was in Frace, with my family. My extended family too - my brother and his family and my dad was there as well. 

We went for the 100th anniversary of the battle for Villers Bretonneux fought by the Australian army which just happens to fall on another very important day for Australians and NZ'ers - 25th of April or Anazac day. 

We spent 3 weeks in rural France travelling all around the old Western Front as well as Normandy and went to the dawn service at the war memorial at Villers which was very moving (also freezing and rainy..)


























After that we spent 2 weeks in a tiny village in the Loire valley in a gorgeous old house where 2 sets of friends joined us over the course of that time. It was wonderful and relaxing. The weather was lovely and we drank French wine and ate French cheese in the lovely gardens and visted all the nearby markets and several of the chateaus that make the area famous.






It was the first time we'd really explored rural France and I cant recommend it highly enough! And I can't wait to go back.

So, what about you? What were you doing this time last year?

3 comments:

  1. What a great memory, Amy! I love your pics. :-)

    Facebook tells me that one year ago I was walking on a beach. So...nothing new there then. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - a great place to be any year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous holiday you had, for me we were doing what we are now home and sending time with family, reading and the normal, two years ago we were on a cruise at Easter that was fabulous :)

    Have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete