Jan 15, 2018

Action Holiday or Leisurely One?

I’m an action holiday kind of gal. 

I’m currently in Whistler on a ski holiday with the family. I love flying down the slopes and getting a nice hot chocolate as a reward after a few hours of hard skiing. Then, out there again for more. I love being totally exhausted by the end of the day. Jumping in that nice long hot shower in the afternoon after a full day of skiing – heavenly.

I’ve tried to do ‘relaxing by the pool’ holidays. I pack great books to try to keep me on the sun lounger, but after about half an hour I’m itching to get moving. To do something active.

Image by Tourism Whistler / Mike Crane
Whilst being here in Canada, I’ve been thinking that a snowy backdrop would be wonderful for a romance. Log fires. Mulled wine. Snowed in in a log cabin with gorgeous views of the mountains. Icicles framing the windows (they are framing the one I’m looking out of now).

Anyway must away. Time to put on the ski suit and get back out there.

What type of holiday-maker are you – action or leisurely? I’d love to hear.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer

    Sounds like you are having a great holiday I like a holiday which has a bit of both in it more leisurely than active, we love cruising which means there is lots of time to lounge around with a cocktail and a good book or see a show or play a little trivia then on port days there is time t explore new places meet mew people and then back to the ship for a rest, so I like both types :)

    A romance set in the snow I love them

    have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have still to give cruising a go, Helen. Must get out on the seas sometime.

      Will certainly start thinking about a snow-set romance. It is so pretty and romantic here.

      Delete
  2. It will come as no surprise to anyone, Jen, that I am a total sloth when it comes to vacations :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could a slothful sometimes. Would be nice to sit still sometimes!!

      Delete
  3. Love a sit and do nothing holiday, but I totally understand that itch to do something. Wanting to squeeze as much out of the trip as possible. Which is why I always feel like I need a holiday to get over my holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Ally. Should definitely have another holiday after the holiday!!

      Delete
  4. Yep, mine and Amy's twin powers unite once again. Count me in the sloth camp, Jen. Mind you, I'm rather partial to a sightseeing holiday if it involves Europe-- then I can walk for hours and hours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking around European town, Michelle. So beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great holiday Jen. I’d have to say I’m very much a leisurely holiday person and definitely somewhere warm, like the coffee shop at the ski lodge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a nice hot chocolate whilst up on the slopes, Veronica. Being back at the end of the day in a lovely warm restaurant is such a nice feeling.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a good combination, Lyn.

    ReplyDelete