Sep 25, 2017

Waffles by Amy Andrews



I'm in Brussels as I write this. We arrived late and are just here overnight so we've seen hardly anything but the Grand Place of a night time is something else!

And of course, when in Belguim, you have to eat waffles right? So we did. But I've finally realised,while I was sitting on cobblestones and staring at buildings older than white settlement in my country, why I've never been a fan.


They taste stale!!! And stodgy! Yes....even in Brussels! My three travelling companions had no problem with them but Inate half and decided then and there, never again!

So...waffles? Fan or not?


PS - my book, Playing With Forever, is out today!!!! There's a Sunday Smooch from yesterday with a sexy excerpt if you want to take a sneak peek and if you keave a comment, you could even win a copy!

12 comments:

  1. Mr Douglas and I once went to Brussels for lunch (from the UK), but forgot to adjust our watches for the hour time difference. By the time we decided to get lunch, lunchtime was finished. Our only option were waffles from a street vendor. And they were delicious! Hope you're having a great time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Popped over to Brussels for lunch. As you do :-)
      Having a fab time xxx

      Delete
  2. Even after your description, the waffle still look tasty, Amy. I thought you have to eat mussels with white wine and garlic and pom frits in Brussels.

    Congrats on the launch of Playing with Forever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had that for tea last night, Jen. And it was all the awesome!

      Delete
  3. Hi Amy

    I love waffles but I do love them with ice-cream and caramel sauce :)

    Woohoo on Ryder's story coming out today it should drop onto my kindle sometime today yay

    Enjoy your holiday

    Have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe ice cream would have helped on my caramel sauce, Helen?
      Yay for Ryder on your kindle!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new release, Amy! It looks fabulous. Hmm I don't know if I've had enough waffles to know if I like them or not. I tried chicken and waffles here in Canada, which is actually a lot better than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Stef, cos it sounds a little different....

      Delete
  5. Not a big fan, Amy, but as you say, when in Brussels....
    Have a great rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy hope you are having a ball over there, how Continental just popped over for lunch. lol Like my brother in law who lives in Switzerland half the year just pops over to Germany to play golf, or goes to the Costa del Sol for a few days.... Wow just wow I usually like my waffles crispy lots of jam and cream. ;) My daughter has a waffle maker and they are delicious not that we have them very often and not usually soggy. Keep having fun! Newest book just downloaded the other day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think thr home made ones must be a little dufferent, Jan?
    Thanks for downloading Ryder! This time next week we'll be flying home!

    ReplyDelete