I’m lucky enough to have a dedicated space in my apartment for writing.
These are the 6 things you’ll always find on my desk (aside from the obvious, my laptop!):
1. Romance Llama: my writing mascot, a furry stuffed llama with a lopsided smile, lives on my desk. He keeps me company during the day when I’m home alone, and he puts a smile on my face.
2. Noise Cancelling Headphones: Sometimes I’m still writing by the time my husband gets home. Often I write on the weekend. Noise cancelling headphones keep me sane when all I can hear are the not-so soothing sounds of GTA 5.
3. A candle: I’m always burning candles, I love the way they scent the apartment and the flickering flame makes me feel all warm and cosy. The current one on my desk is a pine-scented one - it's very fresh and clean smelling!
4. A notebook: I’m a little bit old school in that I only take notes by hand. I write and plan on my laptop, but when revising or thinking up an idea for a new story I find it easier to write it down. This is also my excuse for buying endless amounts of cute stationary.
5. A throw: It can get very cold when you’re sitting by a window, especially in winter. I love to rug up in a cuddly light-weight blanket when I write – my current one is a fluffy teal one that was a gift from my husband.
6. Flowers/greenery: I'm a terrible gardener but I love fresh flowers. I also have a cute little bamboo plant that gives my desk a nice tranquil feel.
What are the things you always have on your desk?