Jan 1, 2011

Sunday Smooches

Happy New Year, all!

2011 is gonna be a cracker. Aside from The Fearless Maverick, my offering to the Presents “Bad Blood Collection”, hitting the UK shelves June, and a book scheduled in the next Desire Texas Cattleman’s Club series lineup later this year – (some great names included, like Maureen Child and Brenda Jackson!) - I have a true ‘romance of the heart’ due out in North America this month, February for those Downunder.

Which happens to be perfect timing for the launch of LoveCats’ brand new regular weekly post to highlight upcoming releases in the most tantalizing way. We like to call it...

Sunday Smooches

Amnesiac Ex: Unforgettable Vows (Desire – NA Jan. 2011)

For better...for worse...forever?
The last woman Samuel Bishop expected to have in his arms was his ex-wife. Left with amnesia from an accident, Laura had no memory of their bitter divorce. In her mind, she and the business tycoon were still newlyweds. With her ready to pick up where she thought their scorching-hot marriage had left off, he couldn’t turn her down.
But soon Bishop realized he was playing with fire. He wanted to reclaim the wedding bliss this Laura had shown him, but what would happen when her memory returned?
And what would happen if it didn’t?

Excerpt:

“Need some help?” 

Laura’s voice, coming from directly behind, found a way through the fog. A moment later, her palms were sculpting over his shoulders and arms. As the contact lit fires all through his body, instinctively Bishop leant back into her touch. She pressed a kiss between his shoulder blades and as her grip hardened on his upper arms, he closed his eyes and tried to stay lucid.

“Of course, we don’t have to wear anything at all,” she purred and her hands filed down his arms, arrowing over his hips, finally finding and wrapping around the weight confined beneath his trousers.

A whirlwind of darkest desire spiralled through him. His hand covered hers and pressed in as his mind went deliciously blank but for the need to have her again. To drown in her kisses and fill her with his –

Coming to with a jolt, Bishop pried her hand away. Clamping down on the frenzied heat racing through his veins, he turned to her and forced his mouth to curve into a breezy smile.

“You’re certainly persuasive.”

“And you are dying to say yes.” Her gaze heavy with want, she reached up on tiptoe and tugged his bottom lip with her teeth.

A fireball shot to the top of his inner thighs and ignited a very short fuse. When her hands filed around his unshaven jaw and her mouth opened over his, Bishop shuddered and leaned into her kiss. With lava flooding his veins, every cell in his body cried out for more. Then her mouth opened wider, inviting him in deeper. Wanting to possess her, his hands found her shoulders and winged them in.

She tasted the same. Felt the same. And now he knew he was the same hungry man who craved to be with his wife.

She hummed in her throat and the vibration released bright-tipped sparks in his belly that unleashed an inferno a few inches below that. Instinctively one hand left her shoulder and searched out her breast. As his touch grazed the soft pert mound, his tongue dipped deeper, running over hers, and any sense of right or wrong vanished beneath the blistering force of mutual need.

Her hands were fanning beneath his shirt but when he rolled her nipple between finger and thumb, she found his other hand and brought it to the join between her thighs. His fingers speared down. She wore no panties. He felt her damp and ready beneath the satin of her negligee. Pushed to his limits, he groaned against her lips.

“This always felt so right.”

“Make love to me, Bishop,” she murmured back.

“You don’t know how much I want to.”

“Oh, but I do.”

He felt her grin against his lips, her palm slid down and the pressure built to flashpoint.

Like no other couple I’ve written, Laura and Sam Bishop so deserve a second chance at keeping their happily ever after.

For the opportunity to win an autographed copy of Amnesias Ex: Unforgettable Vows simply share with us your best New Year’s Eve Kiss, or experience. (Fantasies allowed :))

Thanks for having me along!
Robbie

23 comments:

  1. I'll go first!

    Ten years ago, on New Year's Eve Eve, I was married to the man of my dreams. The night after our wedding we invited the guests to our New Year/New Life party. When the fireworks went off at twelve, my husband took me in his arms and kissed me. And I knew, amid the celebrating and family and wonderful friends, this was truly forever.

    Yep, I'm a hopeless romantic. Fortunately so is my dh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite New Year's Eve smooch came from my grandson. He was about 3 and stayed up for New Year's Eve and he gave me a big smooch on the cheek at midnight. He is such a sweet boy.

    seriousreader at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, kisses from kids are the best, on any occasion! This new year's eve, our 8 yo dd had a little friend over. When twelve rolled around, we all happy danced, shared kisses and a big group hug. Even the new guinea pig, Truffles, got a smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine you all doing the group hug and dancing around, Robyn! Same thing happened with us, My three year old GD was awake to see the firecrackers and then we all kissed each other and danced around!

    But I also spent part of my New Years eve with Michelle Douglas, and lots of other friends! With bubblies and rum punch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a *gorgeous* opening to Sunday Smooches!!
    And that is hugely romantic Robbie, sounds like you and your husband made your own fireworks (g)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nas! There's no feeling like it! Welcoming in the new year with people we love. All that renewed hope and energy. Bet your GD is a cutie!!

    Bubbles with Michelle Douglas? I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Mel! Fireworks that night was defo on the agenda =)

    Glad you like my smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. New Year's Eve was the first outing dh and I had as a couple, so it always means something special to us.

    And on that very first NYE together? You bet there were special kisses. =)

    I've been very lucky to have read Laura and Sam Bishop's story already and it's a special one! I really felt for poor Samuel (known as Bishop) being constantly with a wife he still wanted, and her thinking they're still married, but trying to be honorable. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee, Robbie, I'm going to have to go with the fantasy line here - and that is to be able to stay awake long enough to see in New Year's and maybe one of those incredible smooches with dh.

    After too many sleepless nights thanks to the kidlets and I guess I really did get my NY fantasy, sleep .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, Robyn, I adore the premise of Amnesiac Ex, Unforgettable Vows. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

    Nas, I loved the bubbles and the rum punch too :-)

    I think my most memorable NYE's were as a child when we made our annual summer holiday pilgrimage up the coast. The entire caravan park would gather in the park to herald in the New Year. Lots of cheering, hugging and kissing, and singing of Auld Lang Syne. Makes me grin just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - smoking smooch Robbie! Loved it!
    My mind is too busy coping with the sparks from that one to think of a NYE smooch of my own... altho I do have some dim dark recollection of giving a random police officer a peck many, many years ago - think the boys in blue often get a few that night!
    (Which must be so much more fun than coping with less friendly boozed people!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Remember back to 1997, and floods in Ballarat, I was transferring a patient ED to the ward, a hectic night, could hear the rain pelting down outside, we were in a lift, and it shut down between wards. Patient looked at her watch, then said to me come down and she gave me an enormous smooch, Happy New Year she said. It was a smooch I will never forget, the patient was 90years of age. Oh! We both survived after spending an hour in the lift. ROB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hot, hot, hot, Robbie! Poor Bishop - how tough is it going to be for him to do the honourable thing after a smooch like that! I can't wait to get my hands on the book!

    Purrrrfect start to the Sunday Smooches!
    :)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's some kiss, Robyn! To shamelessly copy Sharon -- a purrrrfect start to the Sunday Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy wow!!! Robbie that was some kiss. Going to be a tough act to follow...

    As if it's not hot enough over here in Western Australia today... *fans self*

    Great start to a new Sunday treat...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoo Hoo perfect smooch Robyn I have had lots over the years from Hubby and I now have 5 grandchildren that give great kisses when they are awake at midnight.
    A fantasy smooch Hugh Jackman and Me on a cruiser on Sydney Harbour as the fireworks go off LOL.
    Congrats on the new release Robyn can't wait to read it

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Robbie I've been fortunate enough to acquire a copy of Bishop and Laura's story and it is a terrific hot romatic read. The scene depicted here is just one of many that bring the story and the characters to life.
    New Year's Eve tends to be very quiet around my household so I can only remeber kisses from my parents when the clock strikes 12. I think this means my fantasy would be to have a dh to pucker up with at 2011 NYE. Although I did see 2006 in watching fireworks explode on the Thames in front of Big Ben in England which was a dream I'd had for many years. Now I've done it once I'd love to do it again but perhaps I'd take a dh instead of a mother, brother, sister-in-law to be and her mother.
    Happy New Year everyone, hope you have a happy, healthy and inspiring 2011.
    Cheers
    Tracey T

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Robyn --

    Wow, what a hot, sexy Sunday Smooch!! I'm with the other Cats, that is one great start to our new weekly kisses.

    Right now my fav New Year's kiss has been watching hubby talking to and kissing my almost seven month pregnant belly (-:

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, where's my fan! What a HAWT Sunday Smooch!

    My best NY kiss was actually later after midnight. The first year that my DH and I were together (we were best friends for a couple of years before we fell totally in love). We spent the evening at an Italian dinner dance (my Papa was president of one of the local Italian clubs). We did see the new year in with a lovely smooch, but after the dinner dance, several of us (including my brother and some friends) went off to my family's beach house at Torquay (Bellarine Peninsula) and then strolled down to the beach, where we waited for the sun to come up. It had become a tradition. When the sun started to clear its weary eyes and began rising on the horizon, my DH took me into his arms and the fireworks started inside me. We'll be celebrating our 30th anniversary in March :)

    I LOVE all of Robbie's books Can't wait to read this one too.
    Hugs and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    Serena
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Rachel, your first date was on New Year's?! There must be story in that ;)

    Thanks for the kind words re Bishop and Laura's book!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anita, I'm so with you on wanting to grab every second of sleep you can with littlies! My BIL and SIL had another baby a week before Xmas. Three under four years old. It's amazing how you learn to survive on four or less hours a night!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Michelle, I have similar fond memories! In fact, I've told my dh we have to do the caravan by the seaside thing next summer. Pass the tradition on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nat, I'd forgotten about that tradition! I can imagine that policeman shucking back his uniformed shoulders and puckering up when he saw you headed his way!

    Hope you had a great one =)

    ReplyDelete